HERB it Forward Scholarship
Honoring Excellence and Rewarding Benevolence™
To provide financial assistance to further the education of students who are hardworking, motivated and driven to make a difference for their communities, our country and future generations.
Shelly Fisher, CEO of Hope Paige Medical ID, was inspired by her father, Herb Lotman, a self-made businessman whose lifetime was dedicated to helping others and giving back. “The ‘Herb it Forward’ Scholarship was created in his memory to educate those future leaders who will continue to pay it forward," says Shelly.
- Individuals 17-25 years of age
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States of America and applying to programs in the United States.
- Open to all students who are graduating in 2017 or have previously graduated high school, received their GED or have been homeschooled. Please note the scholarship isn’t applicable for graduate school students.
- Previous winners of the Herb It Forward scholarship cannot apply.
- Only fully completed applications, which include a transcript, GED or State Certification will be considered.
- All applicants have to state clearly in their application material how they have helped their community in the past and have chosen career paths to help in the future.
- Applicant gives consent to use information provided in their scholarship application on www.ihelpeducate.org. Please note all personal contact information will be kept private.
- Students who demonstrate a strong financial need. More specifically Students from households having a household income that does not exceed the amounts in the chart below:
Reduced Price Meal - Annual Income ($)
For each additional family member add
The Scholarship Process:
- Complete and Submit the ‘Herb it Forward’ application form. Applications are open from October 14, 2016 through January 15, 2017. Submissions must be made in English received by 11:59:59 PM EST on January 15, 2017. Click here to apply now.
- 45 scholarship finalists will be announced on March 15, 2017.
- Recipients of the Herb It Forward scholarship will be notified of the amount of their award on April 15, 2017.
- Scholarship winners will then be eligible to upload a profile page on the ‘I Help Educate’ website for additional funding from public support.
- HIF Scholarship funds will be sent directly to recipient’s school prior to the start of the semester.
- For further details please see: Terms and Conditions
- 10 individuals will receive a scholarship of $5,000 each. First place winners will be invited to an all-expense paid annual weekend in Philadelphia consisting of workshops and fun during the years they are completing their undergraduate studies!
- 15 individuals will receive a scholarship of $2,500 each.
- 20 individuals will receive a scholarship of $1,000 each.
- One guaranteed scholarship in each of the above categories will be awarded to a resident from Philadelphia.
- After April 15, 2017, all winners can add their profiles to the I Help Educate platform.
- Donations can be made through "The Philadelphia Foundation" via all major credit/debit cards here. Please note a new page will open on your screen.
- Please make checks payable to "The Philadelphia Foundation" with "Herb it Forward" in the memo. Checks can be mailed to:
Hope Paige Designs
Attn: Herb it Forward
100 Front Street, Suite 300
West Conshohocken, PA 19428
- All donations are tax-deductible
- This scholarship is being administered by The Philadelphia Foundation
Click Here for Terms and Conditions